Steam Carpet Cleaning vs. Shampooing: Differences
Carpet cleaning has undergone a lot of innovative changes over the course of years. As Vancouver carpet cleaners equipped with the latest technology and skilled cleaning technicians; Vancity Janitorial Carpet Cleaners are quite greatly concerned about choosing the cleaning method that suits your carpets best and steam carpet cleaning is one of the considerable carpet cleaning methods.
Steam cleaning and shampooing are two methods that are often debated. The truth is, both the methods used in carpet cleaning come with their pros and cons. It is never easy to pick the best one without relating them to the size and condition of your carpets. With a professional expert in carpet cleaning Vancouver, sorting these to amazing techniques of cleaning is an easy task.
Steam Cleaning Vs. Shampooing
- Steam Carpet Cleaning: Carpet cleaners use steam cleaning to get the dirt off your carpets using hot water vapor and a steam mop.
- Shampooing: Unlike in steam cleaning, this method uses a special carpet cleaning shampoo, a rinse off, and a dry-out.
Which Carpet Cleaning Method Is Better?
Just like we said before, carpet cleaners can use both the techniques based on what kind of cleaning requirement you have.
|The only medium used in steam carpet cleaning is steam itself. The steam acts on the fabric and breaks the debris, dust, and allergens down.||On the contrary, shampooing involves chemicals; as the detergent used by carpet cleaners will consist of chemicals.|
|Steam carpet cleaning does not leave chemicals on the carpets, as the only technology used here is a hot vapor.||In shampooing, there is a possibility of chemical residue being deposited in your carpet.|
|Carpet cleaners use a very high temperature (over 212° Fahrenheit) that can easily break down mildew and grime. In the end, your carpets will be disinfected properly.||With the method of shampooing, carpets will not achieve a state of complete disinfection. Even after a shampooing treatment, the bacteria and allergens will still survive.|
|Steam cleaning allows the carpets to dry faster.||Here, carpets take longer to dry.|
|Pests like mites, bed bugs, and fleas that live in carpets are killed under the heat. Their eggs are destroyed too.||Shampooing can get rid of pests but does not necessarily destroy eggs.|
Steam Carpet Cleaning Vancouver
However, the hot water extraction method used in carpet cleaning still uses a certain amount of chemicals in the process. A professional supplier of carpet cleaning will generally have different types of handheld and carpet steam mops that operate without chemicals. If you are concerned about going for a chemical cleaning, carpet cleaners at Vancity Janitorial are ready to offer alternate options. Steam cleaning is the best option in upholstery cleaning as there is no chemical use.
Prior to shampooing, carpet cleaners will vacuum your carpets first. Afterward, the detergent will be injected into the carpets with the use of the spinning brush of a shampooing machine. The process will create foam on the carpet, which will be cleaned off after the treatment.
Pros Of Shampooing
- Cleans heavily soiled carpets well
- Works best for carpets dirtied with mud and grime
- The easy and quick carpet cleaning process
Cons Of Shampooing
- Fibers of your carpet can be damaged under the pressure of the spinning brush
- Bigger carpets will take longer to dry
- Some bacteria and allergens will still thrive
- The chemical residue will sit on the carpet, causing them to decay and discolor sooner than in normal circumstances
Steam Cleaning Basics
A basic steam carpet cleaner consists of a pump and a vacuum, of which the former will release steam and the latter will suck excess water vapor. There are different types of steam carpet cleaning machines used by carpet cleaning professionals, in different instances.
Pros Of Steam Cleaning Your Carpets
- Deep cleans the carpet and kills 99% of germs, dust, and allergens.
- Chemicals are not used in the cleaning process.
- Steam carpet cleaners are convenient to carry and use, and are designed to reach tough spots and corners with ease.
- Works great for wall-to-wall carpet cleaning Vancouver.
- Steam cleaning kills both pests and their eggs easily.
- Easy to disinfect the carpets completely.
Cons Of Steam Cleaning Your Carpets
- Do not work great for heavily soiled carpets. (This is when shampooing comes in handy!)
- Cleaning without chemicals can be twice as hard and labor-consuming.
Which Is Better?
Even though steam cleaning uses no chemicals and destroys allergens and pests better, shampooing is more effective in removing stains and soil patches. While steam cleaning is heavier on the advantageous side of these two, it is not possible to say one method is better than the other.
One requirement of Vancouver carpet cleaning can be different from another. Our professional carpet cleaners will help you figure out what works best for your carpets. After determining the right method of carpet cleaning Vancouver, you can receive better service for a lesser cost.